Current Donor -- Visa Debit Card

Frequently Asked Questions

What if my purchase amount is more than the balance on my Visa debit card?

When you present your Visa debit card as payment, simply inform the cashier of the amount of money you will be deducting from your card. You may choose another form of payment to pay the remaining balance.

Can I use my Visa debit card outside of the United States?

Yes, you can use your Visa card internationally at any location that accepts Visa debit cards. You can also get cash at any ATM that displays the acceptance marks located on the back of your Card (Chase, Allpoint, Interlink, Plus and Visa). However there is an additional 3.5% foreign exchange fee for all transactions outside the United States.

What if I have questions regarding my Visa debit card or want to check my available balance or transaction history?

Please call 1-877-705-8586 or visit the website at if you have questions or want to check your account balance. There is also an option to check your balance by text message, which can be configured within the site. Lastly, you can also check your account balance at an ATM, however, you will be charged a balance inquiry fee at an ATM. (See program terms and conditions for details.)

What information do I need to access the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) and website?

To access the IVR and card holder website you will need your sixteen digit card number and four digit access code which is the last four digits of your social security number or government issued identification number (example, Citizenship & Immigration Service/INS number)..

What if my Visa debit card is lost or stolen?

Your card can be replaced at BioLife or by calling customer service at 1-877-705-8586. A replacement fee will apply. (See program terms and conditions for details.)

What happens if I forget my Visa debit card? Can I still donate that day and receive payment?

Yes, you can donate that day and receive payment even if you forgot your card. We can load your donor funds onto your Visa debit card even when it is not in your possession.

Can I use my Visa debit card to pay at the pump?

This varies between different gas station companies and can lead to additional surcharges or holds on your balance. It is strongly recommended to use the card inside the gas station rather than pay at the pump.

Can I use my Visa debit card at restaurants?

Yes. However, you should be aware that some restaurants might factor in an automatic tip (usually 20%) above the purchase amount, when authorizing card purchases. Only the amount you sign for will be deducted from your account after the hold is released from your account.

Why do I receive a message at an Allpoint ATM stating that I will be charged a fee?

Allpoint Network ATMs may give a message stating that the cardholder will be charged a fee for using the ATM. You should continue the transaction by answering "yes”. When you get your receipt, you'll see that you were not assessed a surcharge (i.e., the withdrawal amount on your receipt will show $20, $40, $60, etc., as opposed to $21.50, $41.50, $61.50, etc. shown when you pay a surcharge).

Who should I call for ATM shortage claims?

Please call Customer Support at 1-877-705-8586 or go to the website at to report ATM shortage claims/ ATM disputes.

What should I do if I have a hold on my account and would like to have an early release?

Donors who report a hold on their account and want it released early must have the merchant submit a Pending Authorization Release form. You will need to contact Customer Support at 1-877-705-8586 to advise them of the issue and receive a copy of the release form.

Standard Procedure for Pending Authorization Releases: Standard authorization hold time is 7 calendar days, with an automatic release on the 8th day.

If the cardholder wants their funds returned faster, they have the option of asking the merchant to send a fax to Customer Support.

Debit Card Pending Authorization Release Request Fax Requirements:

  • Company letterhead or business logo
  • Card Number
  • Cardholder’s Name
  • Date and amount of transaction
  • “We will not settle” must appear on the fax
  • The reason for not settling
  • Person who is sending the fax
  • Name
  • Position
  • Contact number
  • Signature

  • Fax the letter to:
    Attention: Card Services: Supervisor on Duty
    Fax number: 1-414-341-7417

    Important: the merchant must provide all of the information listed above. If not, the transaction will not be reversed. If the merchant sends the fax, the transaction is reversed within 30-60 minutes from the time the fax is received.

    I attempted a withdrawal from an ATM but did not receive any money. What should I do?

    Please contact Customer Support and advise them of the ATM situation.

    Please have the following details of the transaction on hand:

  • Cardholder Name
  • Card Number
  • Merchant/ ATM Name
  • ATM terminal Number
  • Merchant/ ATM Address
  • Event Date
  • Reason for complaint

  • Some of this information will appear on the ATM receipt and/or a sticker on the standalone ATM.

    I was charged a fee at a surcharge free ATM. What should I do?

    As a reminder, when you use a Chase or Allpoint ATM, the first withdrawal following a donation is free. These do not accumulate and additional withdrawals prior to a new donation will be subject to a withdrawal fee. If your first withdrawal from a Chase or Allpoint ATM following a donation incurred a fee, contact customer service at 877-705-8586. If possible, please have your receipt available.